…..Over Send-off Cash For Boss
A circular that is doing the rounds to get officers and men of the Prisons Service to contribute various sums of monies to a Director proceeding on retirement has been dropped into the mail of DAYBREAK.
According to angry officers and men, what is being described as a tradition is an intention on the part of senior officers to impose certain traditions on the junior ranks for the comfort of the seniors.
In view of time constraint, certain officers have been mandated to collect the monies from personnel under them from the regional level.
The circular, dated 22nd March 2021 and signed by Josephine Fredua-Agyemang (Mrs.) Deputy Director-General of Prisons (Finance & Administration) for Director-General of Ghana Prisons Service asks all personnel to pay from- GH¢24 and GH¢12 for junior ranks to – GH¢40 and – GH¢20 for senior ranks.
The retiring director, Ernest Asante Adofo, will be taking home quite a windfall, should the tradition go through as stated in the circular, according to the document, which states inter alia that
“Mr Ernest Asante Adofo will proceed on terminal leave on May 4, 2021, prior to his compulsory retirement from the Service.
“As a tradition, a pull-out ceremony is to be held in his honour on or before May 4 at the Prisons Headquarters.
“As you may be aware, members of the Directorate and certain key officeholders are honoured for their individual contributions to the good course of the Service when they are about to proceed on retirement.
Find copy of circular as attached.
PULL OUT NOTIFICATION AND REQUEST
FOR SUPPORT IN HONOUR OF MR. ERNEST ASANTE ADOFO
DIRECTOR OF PRISONS-HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
- This is to inform you that DOP Ernest Asante Adofo will proceed on terminal leave on 4th May 2021 prior to his compulsory retirement from the Service.
- As a tradition, a pull out ceremony is to be held in his honour on or before 4th May 2021 at the Prisons Headquarters.
- As you may be aware, members of the Directorate and certain key office holders are honoured for their invaluable contributions to the good course of the Service when they are about to proceed on retirement.
- Headquarters is once again appealing to all staff, in this regard for their utmost cooperation and support towards this memorable occasion.
- It has, therefore, been decided that all officers should make some token contributions in support of this programme as follows: Senior Officers within HQ- GH¢40, Senior Officers outside HQ- GH¢20, Junior Officers within HQ- GH¢20 and Junior Officers outside HQ- GH¢12
- In view of time constraint, all Regional Commanders and Officer-In-Charge are, hereby, requested to collect the monies from their staff by the end of March 2021. The monies should be paid into canteen account at Agric Development Bank or mobile money account 0249776977 bearing the name Salamatu Lami Mohammed.
- All must accept for necessary action.
JOSEPHINE FREDUA-AGYEMANG (MRS)
DEPUTY DIR-GEN OF PRISONS (FIN &ADMIN)
FOR DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF PRISONS